Monday, October 8, 2012

Our first home study appointment on Friday was a success! We gave her all of the paperwork we had completed, thus far, including the infamous autobiographies! We showed her around the house and she tested the water temperature, which was not to go above 120*F, which is considered scalding. We passed with a whopping 110*F, so she told us what we are to do next. We were given the go-ahead to have a fire inspection, which is actually scheduled for this evening. We are to have a crib assembled,  baby gates, fire extinguishers, etc. Over the weekend, we sanded down the crib, in preparation of painting it white, purchased a mattress, baby proofing gear, 2 baby gates, paint and a paint gun to paint the crib and the dresser. I am very excited for the nursery! The one bad thing is that the social worker told us that the baby's room needs to be on the same floor as ours, up to a certain age, which she was not sure of which age. I told her the baby could sleep in the alcove up in our room, which is legal, up until the baby is one. I hope that they can sleep downstairs after that, or else I do not know what we will do. Well, HOPEFULLY we won't have to worry about it, as we will hopefully have custody by then! I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow, along with Eli and I will both get fingerprinted. We are moving right along! Oh! And my appointment with the social worker to go over my autobiography is on Friday and Eli's is next Thursday! I feel like this is moving right along! I am super excited to get this part of the process done and over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment