Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Last night, we had our fire inspection. I was so worried there would be some hidden danger zone in our seemingly safe house that would instantly fail us! THANKFULLY there were none. We passed! Easy peasy! Flying along.....
Today we checked a few more items off the old check list! I went in for my physical with the doctor and both Dear Hubby and I went in for fingerprinting. His, of course went fast and easy. Mine, however was a royal pain in the you-know-where! I do not have good prints. Every year, when I volunteer for camp, I have to get fingerprinted and every year it is a chore. My prints just don't work. It does not help me that everything is digital because those machines hate when they see these fingers coming! So I went to Children's Services for my prints and this poor woman! She tried so hard! We just could not get 3 good finger prints. So, she sent me to the sheriff's department, with the warning that they hate CS's there. That was an understatement. As soon as the woman heard the words Children's Services, she went on a rant about how they never do anything right there and she is going to tell them that they will not do prints for them anymore. Whew! Well, I told her that I would like to adopt, however they were unable to get viable prints. She said "well, what makes you think I will? I probably won't either." I said "I understand that you have a ton of frustration with them, but please understand that I am just trying to get through this process, so that we can bring a baby home". She softened up and apologised. She got 3 decent prints from me, after a ton of tries, but she did not want to give up! There was a bunch of stuff I skipped. Well, this costs money, of course, but she said she would try to see if she could even get good prints before she sent me to the atm, next door. Since she did, I ventured over to the atm and I tried every. single. debit. card. in . my. purse. Seriously. That machine had to have been out of money. It just spit out a receipt with an error code on it, with every card I tried. Yes, I have a ton of cards. Finally, I called my super-hero-husband, to rescue me and to please bring me some cash! I was supposed to be at work at this, point, and while I know they don't care, I still have to make up all of this time!
Oh yeah! I got a new job! I forgot to say that! I start on Monday the 15th! I currently have an hour and a half commute and this new job will give me 2 hours of my day back! Wahooooooooooooo! So, while I am still here, they don't care what I work, as long as I get my 40 hours in, so I am taking advantage! Tomorrow I am going in late, so I can go to the social security office, so I can FINALLY change my name! That only took 5 weeks! (Whoops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment