Monday, September 24, 2012

This is an Exciting Week!

The day after we got the call that we were matched with a social worker, and she would be calling, was suuuuuuch a looooooooong day! I thought for sure she would have called that day! But she didn't and my poor adoption buddy had to hear about my disappointment all day! (She is such a trooper!) At the end of the day, when my son got home from school, in hopes of the application's arrival, I had my son check the mail. After 2 and a half weeks and 4 promises, we finally got it! I was so excited to spend our Friday night filling it out! When I got home, I saw that we also got a smaller envelope from Children's Services and guess what! Our social worker sent us a letter, rather than calling! Who knew people still use snail mail for appointment setting!?!? LOL! We have our first appointment with her on Wednesday at 4:00! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited!
We then spent our weekend in adoption classes, which I enjoy, purely because it brings us closer to adoption. There is always so much negativity, so to counter balance it, I brought in a nice poem (I came across it in an adoption group, I did not write it) for everyone to take home and leave on a brighter note.
Isn't it nice? Our last class is on Saturday!!!!!! We are moving right along! Also, I decided to make the baby's bedding, rather than purchase it because, well, IDK! I just thought it would be fin and cost effective! Here are my inspirations I found tutorials for:

This is the skirt
 

For the sheet
I am buying the rest of the materials this evening! I hope it will come out as nice as these! I am a beginner, ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment