Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Byrd Got Married

Byrd got married!
We were married on Saturday and it was even better than I envisioned! We were married under a pergola that my husband built when we took the pool down from our backyard. The reception was under a tent and we made everything but the food! I am sure I will post photos, but for now, we only have some non-pro's and a few previews from our photographer.
The next morning, we invited my new in-laws to breakfast, who drove in from out of state, so our time with them was limited, although we did have an agenda. We wanted to make the announcement to them that we are starting the adoption process on Saturday by turning in our application and attending our first of many required classes. We handed the patriarch of the family,my father-in-law, the wrapped onesy that I made, intended to break the ice. He opened it and looked at it, puzzled. He read it outloud and then I announced that we are beginning our new adventure. Everyone was so happy for us! They were congratulating us and asking questions and I finally felt at ease. I was so nervous, that I forgot to take pictures! I was so disappointed, so we asked them to take a photo with the gift, so we can have it for a keepsake. I then made sure my sister would bring her fancy camera to our family get together.

We did not announce to my family until Monday evening. Everyone went to my grandparents' hotel dining room. I gave the bag to my grandparents to open. They pulled it out and were just giggling and giggling! They read it aloud and then I announced that we are starting the adoption process on Saturday and everyone was ecstatic! They were all congratulating us and it was so wonderful! I was so scared of being met with negativity that it never even occurred to me that both of our families would be happy and supportive of our decision.
Tonight, we filled out the application! It was so exciting!!!! While we were, I realized that we have an option to start our classes on Friday, instead and that they could all be done by the end of the month! It will monopolize most of the weekends for the month, but It is better than dragging it out until November, right???? I am going to call in the morning to see if we can get into those classes, instead! I hope so!!!! We are very eager to get the process started! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment